COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROTOCOLS
Lively Tours and Talks will always provide you with a safe experience.
We can’t wait to be back in Rocky Mountain National Park with you!
To all our valued customers:
Due to COVID 19 we are currently only offering “household” private tours. A “household” is defined by the Grand County Health Department as meaning all the people living in the same home or residence, including a shared rental unit or other similar living space.
For your safety and the safety of our staff, these are some of the measures we have implemented in our vehicle:
- Disinfectant solution will be available for your use.
- Passengers will be required to wear a face covering.
- The staff is required to wear face masks and will be provided with a non-medical grade covering. The staff will also be wearing gloves when necessary.
- The staff is required to wash their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer when available .
- Vehicle capacity has been limited to 50% to provide a minimal amount of social distancing.
- After each trip the vehicle is cleaned again and sanitized.
- Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness and should stay at home. For more info, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html.
- Additionally, All employees have been given guidelines from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which include; wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. For more info, please visit https://covid19info.ocgov.com/.
Thank you for being our customer. You can reach us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-531-1211
Thank you, Dave Lively, Owner
Health and Safety Policy
Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your tour.
Cloth Face Coverings – The CDC recommends that everyone wear cloth face coverings in settings where social distancing (6-feet from others) is difficult to maintain regardless of whether they are sick or have cold symptoms.
All persons should wear face coverings while in a vehicle and passengers will sit in locations to maximize the distance between one another.
When outside a vehicle, if appropriate social distancing can be maintained, a cloth face covering need not be worn.
We ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary face covering and gloves as necessary.
Stringent Cleaning – We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting of hard, non-porous “high-touch surfaces” and areas before and after each tour.
Hand sanitizer containing a minimum of 60% alcohol will be available to all our guests.
Social Distancing – Guest will stay a safe 6-foot distance during all points of the tour. Please avoid direct physical contact with anyone outside your immediate “household” group.
Wellness Checks – Employees are required to perform daily self-wellness checks, including temperature checks, to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If the employee has any symptoms they may not conduct the tour and the tour will be canceled.
If you or anyone in your “household” group is experiencing symptoms, please let us know and do not go on the tour. We will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour. You will not be charged for the tour.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you and other guests. You must follow all posted instructions while touring with Lively Tours and Talks.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
A COPY OF THIS POLICY AND REQUIRED CONSENT FORM DOWNLOAD HERE: HEATH AND SAFETY POLICY PDF
Grand County Guidelines for Guide Businesses
Grand County Standing Public Health Order and Grand County Recreation Playbook May 29. 2020.
The following guidelines are for Phase Two “Safer at Home” of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Employees showing signs or symptoms of being sick, or who have come into contact with known positive cases are to stay home.
Signage shall be posted on good hygiene and social distancing.
Maintain 6-foot distancing when possible and discourage shared spaces.
Ensure proper ventilation.
Provide hand washing facilities/stations and/or hand sanitizer.
Employees are required to wear face coverings unless outdoors with proper social distancing.
Tour vehicle will be cleaned/sanitized before and after each tour according to CDC “Cleaning and Disinfection for Non-Emergency Transport Vehicles”.
- Guests showing signs or symptoms of being sick, or who have come into contact with known positive cases will not participate in tours.
- Guests will be encouraged to adhere to 6-foot social distancing when possible.
- Guests are encouraged to use face coverings unless outdoors with proper social distancing.
Guide Businesses Guidelines
- Gathering/group limit shall not exceed current State order.
- Rocky Mountain National Park recommends no more than 50% occupancy in tour vehicle, limiting group size to two passengers in Lively tours and Talks vehicle.
- Guest group must consist of members from same household. “Household” means all the people living in the same home or residence, including a shared rental unit or other single living space.
- Guests should use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the enclosed vehicle.
- All persons in the vehicle should be wearing face covering.
- Windows should be open when possible to maximize ventilation.
- Written log of customer interactions will be maintained, in the event that contact tracing is necessary.
- Social distancing protocols should be followed when entering and exiting the vehicle.
- All surfaces and handles commonly touched by the driver and guests should be cleaned and disinfected. The surfaces should include vehicle seats, handles, knobs, steering wheel, seat belt buckles, keys and payment cards.
- Vehicles should be cleaned and disinfected according to CDC guidelines after each shift and between trips.